Early Music Institute
The Annual Institute for Early Music on Modern
Instruments will not be held in summer 2015.
Never Fear, we will be back in 2016!
Can't wait that long? Bring us to you! Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in Unknown Classical String Trios?
Check out our Kickstarter video and help us
to record a set of rarely performed works.
The Institute for Early Music on Modern Instruments offers professional string players the opportunity to study baroque and classical performance practices using their own modern instruments. Renowned early music specialists violinist Elizabeth Field and cellist Stephanie Vial will explore the drama, passion, pathos and sheer exuberance of 17th- and 18th-century musical expressions through an investigation of:
- Bowing Techniques
- The Interpretation of Slur and "Staccato" Articulations
- Applications of Vibrato and Ornamentation
- The Principles of Phrase Structure
- Musical Grammar and Rhetoric
- Baroque Dance Rhythms and Gestures