- "I have wanted to attend a Baroque Performance Institute for at least 15 years. My hopes and expectations were exceeded at MEMI. Liz and Stephanie are not only knowledgeable and creative teachers and performers; their enthusiasm for the subject fosters an expressive, joyful, and resonant approach to performance. I am encouraged to continue exploring the baroque performance tradition in my modern instrument until I acquire a period copy, and to incorporate the concepts into my modern performing and teaching." Idalynn Besser
- "Fundamentally, MEMI was revelatory. The concept of gesture, musical works, and the techniques that go with them (multiple notes within a big note, folded bowing . . .) were all terribly exciting. That coupled with the boundless enthusiasm and depth of knowledge and encouragement that Vial and Field bring to the subject--- it was inspiring, and mostly appetite-whetting." Karen -- --Terbeek
- "I loved the institute. It made my playing more full, in expression as well as technique. Alexandra Mikhlin"
- "The most enjoyable and profitable experience were the sessions with Liz and Stephanie-the techniques class, the rehearsal session, the continuo class, all so informative, not intimidating. Very inviting to explore and dare to express! The fusion of scholarship and passion was expressed in each and every session."
- "I found it exciting to play in the ensemble under the expert direction of Liz and Stephanie. After the initial lecture and demonstration it was the ideal way to try to modify and try to implement the methods to achieve an early music sound on my modern instrument. All of this was supplemented with the wonderful dance instruction which allowed me to feel the music of dance and the visualize the history and background that is intertwined with the music. The individual instruction we received in the continuo session was invaluable."